Nothing like my favorite internet holiday to bring me out of blog retirement. Was I really in blog retirement? I never said, "I am retiring from blogging." It would be more accurate to say I was on hiatus. So, the blogging "hiatus" ends with this year's Embrace the Lame Day.
This most awesomo of internet holidays found its beginnings with my friend Dave. Go to his Blog
which is the official home of ETL to read all about it.
On with my contribution to ETL 2008:
1. I still collect toys. I even have many of them displayed at the Toy and Action Figure Museum
in Pauls Valley. OK.
2. Over the past few years I have been getting back into baseball cards. I have even started sending off cards through the mail to get autographed. A few weeks ago I turned back the clock to my teenage years when I went to a KC Royals game. I waited at the players parking area to get some autos. I was not the only one of course. There was about twenty fellow lame people like myself. I scored two Alex Gordon sigs, two Billy Butler sigs, Frank White, Miguel Olivio, and Manager Trey Hillman. Lame on!
3. Battlestar Galactica. Even though this show is far from lame, my excitement for it is usually seen as lame. The fourth and final season is going on right now. No, the show is not being canceled or stopped short. The creators of the show made the call because this is where the story concludes. I am excited to have a complete story that is not drawn out or filled with several filler episodes just because of the ratings (a.k.a. Lost and most other hit TV shows).
4. I still have long hair and a big fat beard. Dave, embrace the long hair no matter what city you live in.
5. I have a friend that takes pictures of us holding out light sabers and enhances the pictures to make the light sabers look real.
That is enough for now. Lame on!!