Wednesday, February 26, 2003

List Number Two.......


It is time for another of my great music list. Dave posted another top five list. It was of overlooked albums. He has provided another good list. I do agree Dave, that all of those albums are overlooked in some way. Especially Dear Ephesus and Shaded Red. I encourage anyone to go check his list out (http://teacherdave.blogspot.com).

Now to my list. This list will be of the greatest songs of all-time. Now, I tried to think of my whole music loving life to make this list. It consist of songs that span from my early teenage years on. I must give some of Trevor's commentary on music before presenting the list. I am huge on songwriting/lyics. Their are many songs better musically than what you will see. Musically this may not be the best song by the particular band presented. I think of three things when rating my songs: lyrical content, musical style, and its effect on my life personally. These three things combined is how I came to my conclusions. I hate it when people are shallow about their music. They say "yea, this songs rocks, its my favorite song" but they have know idea what it says, and they will be listening to the next new radio hit the next week saying the same thing. You will not find shallowness here.

List #2: The Greatest Songs of All-Time

Honorable Mentions: I am sorry for ones that I might have missed.
"King of the Closet" - Blindside
"The Flight of Peter Pan" - Dear Ephesus
"Six Sirens" - Project 86
"Body Be" - Johnny Q Public
"Jesus Freak" - dc Talk
"Standed" - Plumb
"Open House" - Plankeye

#5 - "We're A Band" - Audio Adrenaline - This song was the anthem for me and my buddies back home. This song made Christian rock, Christian rock back in the early '90s for us.

#4 - "Execution" - Grammatrain - The greatest pro-life song ever. Plus, this song just rocks.

#3 - "I want To Be A Clone" - Steve Taylor - Christian satire at its best.

#2 - "Bliss Is" - Poor Old Lu - Let everyone get their suprised looks out that there is a Poor Old Lu song here. I did only want to limit myself to one Poor Old Lu song. This is my favorite Lu song. It just rocks the house.

#1 - "Beautiful" - Plankeye - Now, I have been called a monk when it comes to relationships. I am not seen as a sappy romance type of guy. But, my favorite song of all-time is a love song. Can you believe that coming from Trevor? Well, it is true. I do look forward to finding the love of my life one day and this song expresses in many ways, the way I want to feel about her. Ahh, isn't that sweet.

Agree? Disagree? Any comments? Please respond Here.