Friday, February 21, 2003

Blah Blah Blah.......

So I am sitting at the computer thinking about what to say. I know I need to post and I actually have the time to do it. I know I am starting my top five list series, but I do not want it to be the topic of my post for a week. I want to break it up. I do not want the people who read me to be thinking, "Geese, it just another of Trevor's dump top 5 list where he rants about bands I have never heard of." I want to post my list, but cause you the least amount of pain.

Hey, I just thought of something. For all you Bible people out there ( I am one too). One of the more interesting and thought provoking scriptures to me is found in Mark 8:22-26.

22 They came to Bethsaida, and some people brought a blind man and begged Jesus to touch him. 23 He took the blind man by the hand and led him outside the village. When he had spit on the man's eyes and put his hands on him, Jesus asked, 'Do you see anything?' 24 He looked up and said, 'I see people; they look like trees walking around.' 25 Once more Jesus put his hands on the man's eyes. Then his eyes were opened, his sight was restored, and he saw everything clearly. 26 Jesus sent him home, saying, 'Don't go into the village.'

I have poured much thought into this set of verses. It brought about many questions, because there is some strange happenings in these verses. First of all, why did he take him out of the village? Did he take him alone? Why did he spit in his eyes? This comes to the most interesting part. In verse 24 the blind man said "I see people; they look like trees walking around." Why did he say that? What did he mean by that? Hmmm, makes you think, huh? Now I have already put much thought and study in this set of verses. I think I have an idea as to what Jesus is trying to get across here. But, I am interested in what YOU think. So, think away and repond. If I have enough interesting responses I might just have to make another posting out of this subject. I might even tell you what I think.
Respond to this HERE.

One other thing. Dave and myself have made a step in the direction of a dream we have had. Thoughout college we always talked about how we wanted to review movies together. Well, it has begun. A new Blog has been started for that purpose. Better Than Critics is your new home of movie criticdom. So please visit http://betterthancritics.blogspot.com.

Respond to this posting HERE.