Monday, February 17, 2003

Something Else That I Must Add........

I must add another comment about Lord of the Rings........Two Towers to be particular. I was happy to see that LOTR: Two Towers was nominated for Picture of the Year by the Oscars. In my persoanl bias, I think it should win. The Hours, Chicago, and definately Gangs of New York will not be as timless as LOTR, but one of them will win it, unfortunately. I do say that all three LOTR movies should of swept all three years that we are going through. But, because fantasy is seen as second class by the movie award people, they will just give them a nomination. BUT, this leads me to my BIGGEST disappiontment in the lack of nominations by the Oscar people. Somebody, tell me why......Sean Astin did not get nominated for a best supporting actor for his role as Samwise Gamgee!?!??!!?? Ian McKellen, rightly so, recieved a nomination for his role as Gandalf the Grey in The Fellowship of the Ring. But, what is this crap about not giving Sean Astin a nomination? For anyone that is familar with the character of Samwise Gamgee, know that Sam is THE example in literature of friendship and commitment to someone. Sean Astin has done a superb job portraying this great and pivital character. Like always, I am very disappionted in the Oscars. So, I give props to Sean Astin and so should you.

Rely to this message HERE.