Tuesday, February 07, 2006

The Rundown.........


Greetings! One month of 2006 down. That means I get married next month! March 18th is the day, just in case you have not heard. "The Wedding" page has been updated at the Dot Com. Check it out....

....."Check, microphone check, cha check, microphone check. Lights out. Game over." That is some familiar words if you have checked out POD's new album Testify. If you have not cha checked it out, you must. POD really shows diversity in this album along with solid lyrics.....

......Speaking of albums. I did not give a best of 2005 album list. I do not have time to go in detail, so, here I go. I will start will honorable mentions, then give my album of the year.

Worth Mentioning:
Blindside: The Great Depression - I put this album on the bottom of all of their albums. But, all of their albums are awesome. A lyrically solid album with many tracks I enjoy.
Disciple: Rise Up - Just go buy this album. It will rip your face off! It would be album of the year if the album that is the album of the year was not the album of the year (did you follow that?).
Jars of Clay: Redemption Songs - My mellow side.
Demon Hunter: The Triptych - It's Demon Hunter. Of course they put out another awesome album.

The Dot Com's official 2005 album of the year...........
Project 86: And The Rest Will Follow - Just go buy it! I have thought about doing a Project 86 theme week here at the Dot Com Blog. Maybe I will get around to it.........

.........I have been around enough to post the first finished book of 2006. I am in the middle of like 3, but this one went to completion a few weeks ago. Click on the booklist link or scroll down and look to the right on the blog......

.......Speaking on being on to me about my blog. Mike, you work 50-60 hours a week while planning a wedding (along with all the other activities I am involved in) and see how updated your blog stays. I am not looking for a sympathy party by saying that. I like my life and love my Amanda. Some things come before others. Also, when you are low on sleep you tend to fall asleep at the keyboard while trying to punch out a blog entry. Staying awake.....

.......has consisted of watching 60 episodes of Alias in the past three weeks. If you are behind and do not know, my full-time job is night security at a dormitory. When I do a lot of extra work during the day, staying awake at night is a challenge. Alias as been interesting enough to keep me going lately. Six more episodes to finish season 3. The first two seasons were really good. Season 3 has went out there some, but has kept some good elements. The good elements are what made season 1 and 2 really good. I give props to the MVP program at Hollywood Video. Why would you ever go to Blockbuster?