Sunday, December 18, 2005

Spalms and Respalms.........

Dave has been doing Bible Redux post on his "PBB" blog. These are a retelling of Bible stories in a more structured story form. They are excellent and you should check them out.

In a similar way I am doing "Spalms." These are Psalms-like writings. I am not claiming them to be directly from God. These are writings of me figuring things out with God. I have written several. It was not my original intention to post them. They have been for me to put my thoughts down to help sort them out. I have also started what you could call a "Psalms Redux." They are writings that are inspired by or are a retelling of the Psalms. I do not want to officially call it a "Redux" because Dave is using that term. I will call them "Respalms." Here are a couple to get started (please remember I am not an English Ace):

Spalms 1
Oh my God!
I do not know what to do
I do not know what to say
Oh my God!
What do I do?
What do I say?
Oh my God!
Is it possible to do what I need to do?
Do words exist for what I need to say?
Oh my God!
What ever needs to be done, my actions stand still
What ever needs to be said, my mouth remains mute
Oh my God!
Their is nothing I can do
Their is nothing I can say
Oh my God!
You do what others cannot do
You do what others cannot say
And it is eternal
Oh my God!
Let what I do be what You do
Let what I say be what You say
Oh my God!

Respalms 1
O the joy we get when we delight in the Lord
Lord I want what You want
Your knowledge and wisdom must be on my brain
all day and all night
Lord lead me on the blinding path before me


Enjoy!