Tuesday, November 01, 2005

"Your skills are now complete"...............



I finally have the complete Star Wars Saga in my ownership. Have you bought your copy of Revenge of the Sith?

Marketing comment. Target, Wal-Mart, and Best Buy all had exclusive items available for the release of Episode 3. Of course they do this in hopes that you will buy the DVD from them. Target had the DVD packaged with a Darth Vader collectors coin (This is where I bought my DVD). Wal-Mart offered a bonus DVD with Star Wars documentaries (If anyone got this and would like to give it to me, I will gladly take it off of your hands). I do not see the need to buy 2 of the same DVDs just for the bonus disk. Wal-Mart also had 3 different 3-Figure Packs that went along with the DVD release. A Sith, Jedi, and Clonetrooper pack. I did get all of these. Best Buy offered a couple items exclusively, but neither one was attached to the DVD. A Darth Vader Unleashed figure and an Episode 3 3D Poster Sculpture. The sculpted posters are very cool. They are also very much a lot of money for a small thing. I would like to have a set of all of the 3D posters that are out, but I have enough other things I want to buy right now. I did buy the Darth Vader Unleashed figure. One of my collecting focuses is the Unleashed line of figures. This will actually be the last 7 inch Unleashed figure to come out. They are shutting down the line......kinda. Hasbro is putting out other "Unleashed" figures, but they are small and do not represent what the intentions and artwork of the original Unleashed line. I am sure you all wanted to know that. The Unleashed line coming to an end is good in some respects. My wallet. Not good in others. Some characters never made an appearance as an Unleashed figure (the Episode 3 Clonetrooper).

I had an advantage in getting these items today. I did not have to get in my own car and make a costly (in fuel) trip to the city to find all of this stuff. I was driving back from San Antonio today and just happened to pass by all of these fine retailers. Yay for me!!!