Friday, January 12, 2007

Ice Monster one post per hour 5PM...............

The next two post will pay homage to this years Major League Baseball Hall of Fame inductees.

I have always admired players that have stuck it out with the same team for the duration of their careers. Other career players of note that are on my favorite players list include George Brett, Carl Yastrzemski, Roberto Clemete, Mike Schmidt, Craig Biggio, Jeff Bagwell, and I am sure their are others. It is hard to find something bad to say about a career team player. It says something huge for the player.

Cal Ripken was one of these such players. Growing up with a huge love for baseball, Cal was only one player away from being my favorite of all time. I have a couple pictures of my Cal Ripken baseball cards. The first picture has my 1982 Topps and 1982 Fleer rookie cards. The other two pictures has my album of Ripken cards. Congratulations Cal!!!