Friday, April 13, 2007

I'd like to roll with the gangsters........UPDATED

Yes, these are very old baseball cards. They come from the 1909-11 T206 set. T206? If you know anything about baseball cards answer this: What is the most valuable baseball card?

That would be the T206 Honus Wagner. Not only was Honus a very good ball player, but only a handful of his T206 cards are known in exsistance. I have actually seen one in person before. Check this article out about the recent record breaking sale of the highest graded Wagner card.

I have been researching and done a little buying of pre-war baseball cards. Pre-war? Cards that came out before World War 2. Buying Ty Cobb, Cy Young, or Christie Matthewson cards are way out of my price range. I have turned to buying common baseball cards from the pre-war era. If you are not too picky about condition, you can get common T206 cards in the $10-$20 range.

Here are my six T206 cards. It is cool to look at and hold a baseball card that is nearly 100 years old. Dave, you do notice the Cubs player, Steinfeldt? I do not know for sure, but he could of been on that 1908 Cubs World Series champ team.

Yes, these guys are white and I am nerdy.

UPDATE: Thanks to Dave and his web searching skillz, I can confirm that Harry Steinfeldt was on the 1908 World Champion Cubs and batted .471 in the Cubs whooping of Detriot in the 1907 World Series.