Friday, April 28, 2006

Lame on Lame on!!!.......UPDATED Again!


It is national Embrace the Lame day!!!! It is time for all of us to embrace the lame things in our lives that we normally try to hide from public view. Not familiar with ETL? Read here from the founder himself.

Here is what I will embrace today.

- You all know, that I am an avid Star Wars collector. Yes, I have 100's of action figures and like to read books about Star Wars collecting (the few that are out there). I long to have a friend that will actually find my conversations about my collection interesting. My collection is starting to get to the point were I have been checking on collector's insurance.

- I love the new Battlestar Galactica. Their is actually nothing lame about it, but it is sci fi, so I usually get rolled eyes when I talk about it. Their is not another show out there that is more relevant to today's issues.

- I like to make up songs and sing them to my wife. I just make them up on the spot about whatever she is doing. Ususally, it is done in a falsetto voice.

- My wife and I own the first season of MacGyver and want more of them.

- I listened to New Kids On The Block back in Junior High for a brief period of time. Then I came to and shunned them. I look back and wonder why did I do that? I have rock 'n roll in my blood. I was at our town fair and won a New Kids pillow. It was one of those deals were I did not have a choice. The rubber duck I selected out of the water said "New Kids pillow." This was after I came to the light and disliked New Kids. I asked if I could trade it for another prize, even a smaller one, and the carney would not let me. I figured mom could make a cover to go over it, so I kept it. It was a comfortable pillow. Of course no one at home would believe my story and continued to get a hard time about New Kids. Of course they wouldn't believe me. I am a compulsive liar. I lie all the time. Everyone that knows me, knows I am a liar. DO you sense the sarcasm?

- I was a big MC Hammer fan back in Junior High. Yes, I was a Hammer man. He was 2 legit 2 quit. Now he is a preacha!

- Back in about 5th grade I let my mom talk me into perming my hair. Yes, I had curly hair on top. What was even lamer, I let her do it a second time later on.

- I have this urge to do a Godzilla movie marathon type thing. We have several of the old cheesy Godzilla movies at our Hollywood Video. I want to watch them all and tell you all about it.

- I would have to say my favorite chick flick is Ever After.

- My last post about Softball.

- I was sooo in love with Winnie in the Wonder Years. That was a great show.

- I want to start collecting back all of my childhood toys (He-Man, Go-Bots, Voltron, etc).

- I like good childrens books. Go Dr. Seuss!

- Bargain World anyone?

New Editions
- I watched the first three seasons of Alias in about two weeks. That is 60 something episodes. I watched the first few episodes of season 4, but it started to go down hill (kind of like Lost in season 2). The first three seasons are really good. Along with this, I watched the first season of 24 in three nights. I have yet to finish season 3, but 24 is freakin awesome.

More to Come, hopefully.....

Go over to Dave's Blog. He is keeping a list of people participating in ETL day!

Lame on!!!!!!!!!!