Friday, April 28, 2006

One more trip to the Ship......

I concluded my OBU intramural career last night with my 4th trip to the champioship game. Since I was employed at OBU I was eligible to play intramural sports. Combined from when I was a student, I got to take four trips to the big game with two rings(actually they give you a t-shirt). We were not suppose to be in the Ship last night. Our team was the 7th seed in the big tourny. It is amazing what you can do when all of your good players show up and you get hot. Our side of the bracket was the upset side. We knocked off the 2nd seed and the 6th seed knocked off the 3rd seed. Earlier last night we beat the 6th to later play in the Ship. The Ship was a screecher. We missed it by 1 run. The team we played should of mopped us. They had college JV baseball players and all. our little rag tag sandlot team almost sent them home crying. That was fun. Since Mike is a stats guy, here is the rundown of my my night. In two games, I went 6 for 7 with a triple, 2 doubles, three singles, and reached once because of error. I do not know how many RBIs. Cannot remember and was not counting. I scored the majority of the time I got on. Why give the stats? Well, someones got to make up for the Royals.