Friday, March 31, 2006

The man with the beard smacks cancer in the face.........


We all have had a loved one effected by cancer. Even though many leaps and bounds have been made in cancer research, millions of people fight it every year. Too many of them will not survive. Relay For Life is a fun-filled overnight event designed to celebrate survivorship and raise money for research and programs of your American Cancer Society. During the event, teams of people gather at schools, fairgrounds, or parks and take turns walking or running laps. Each team tries to keep at least one team member on the track at all times. Basically a bunch of mad crazy people get together for an all nighter to raise cancer awareness and raise money for research. Here are the numbers.

Of all the money that Relay For Life raises:
41% - Research and other national programs and activities
18% - Prevention and detection through education and advocacy
18% - Patient services
19% - Fundraising
4% - Management
77% - Goes directly to cancer fighting programs!

Let's break it down. My Relay team is my church (Calvary Baptist Church). We have a goal of $1700. I have set a personal goal of $300. But, I cannot be all cool and reach my goal without you, my faithful readers. I want you to click on the donate button below and donate some money......or a bunch of money if you want. "But Trevor, I have kids to feed......I am a poor bald man.......Sorry, but I spent all my money on my grandchildren, guns, cigars, etc, etc." You have 5 bucks. You have 10 bucks. You have 1000 bucks.......well, most of you probably do not have that much unless you and your family fasted for three months. That's called child abuse or murder when your children die of starvation. Back on track.....the point is you love me and you want to help the fight against cancer. Our Relay event is on April 21st. You all could give $5 every week until then (or $10......or more).

What am I doing? Besides hitting all of my friends and family for dough, I am setting up a Star Wars auction. I am selecting some items from my personal collection. I will post them on my website. Bids will be given in a silent fashion through e-mail. I donate the items and all the money goes to Relay for Life. So, you can start your Star Wars collection and fight cancer. How swell is that?

DONATE NOW!