Friday, August 25, 2006

Fantasy Football is here....................

Even though I am currently in first place in both fantasy baseball leagues that I am in, I have my eyes on the coming football season. Tonight I drafted for one of the at least two leagues that I will be in this year. This league is the serious one with serious people. I have never paid to play fantasy sports before, but I thought I would try. That means their is a cash prize for doing well in this league. The idea of paying for the league means it will be more competitive. In the usual Yahoo! Fantasy leagues you will always have your guys that give up and not attend to their teams. This league is also different in a few ways than what I am used too. We get to start 2 quarterbacks and a head coach. If your head coach wins that week, you get 5 points. We have 16 teams divided into two leagues. It works like the AFC and NFC, except you will only play the other league if you make it to the Superbowl. Each set of 8 teams get to pick from the whole NFL roster. That means P. Manning could be on both Super Bowl teams. Here is my draft results.

QB - Trent Green, Jake Delhome, Byron Leftwich, and Mark Brunell
RB - Shaun Alexander, Clinton Portis, Cory Dillon, and Joseph Addai
WR - Chad Johnson, Hines Ward, Santana Moss, Deion Branch, Koren Robinson, and Chad Jackson
TE - Todd Heap and Ben Troupe
K - Mike Vanderjagt and Shayne Grahm
HC - Herman Edwards (KC) and Jim Mora (ATL)
DEF/ST - Pittsburgh and Cincinnati

How did I do Mike?