Saturday, March 05, 2005

Can You Believe it?..........

I enjoyed my trip to Houston this past week. Of course seeing My Lady makes it worth it alone. Staying with Dave just adds so much more. Dave is anxciously waiting for me to finish the Dark Tower series so we can spend hours talking about it. I finished Wolves of the Calla about a week and a half ago. Book six is Song of Susannah. As I was looking around for a used copy I started another book, Star Wars: Shatterpoint by Matthew Stover. In case you do not know me that well, I am what you would call a little bit of a Star Wars fan. Believe it or not, this is my first Star Wars book that I have read. Well, I have to revise that a little. I read the novelization of Episode 1 & 2. I counted them up. I own twenty Star Wars novels. Five of them are the movie novelizations. I own that many because I collect Star Wars stuff, have always wanted to start reading them, and I buy books faster than I read them. Shatterpoint is a Clone Wars novel centered around the Jedi with the violet light, Mace Windu. I was not disappointed. Matthew Stover is also the author of the Episode 3 novelization, which comes out April 2nd. As I have with Episode 1 & 2, I will read Episode 3 before the movie is released in the theatres. I think this might be why I have liked the first to prequel movies better than most. It has not spoiled the movies for me one bit. It has enhanced it greatly. Since the novelization is based on the screenplay, the book is like the movie. The authors are allowed to add some stuff, with Lucas' approval. Sometime shortly after April 2nd, I will know what happens in Revenge of the Sith and I will not tell you.

Thanks to Dave, he bought me my copy of Song of Susannah. I will start to read it right now.